Till now disability certificate to all citizens including ex-servicemen were being issued by the nominated Central Govt hospitals. An ex-serviceman on being boarded out from service due to disability was required to process his case through Zila Sainik Board/Rajya Sainik Board. This led to inevitable delay in the processing of focus for claiming disability benefits, accordingly, a case was taken up with the Govt for constituting the Medical Boards at nominated Armed Forces Hospitals for the purpose of issuing disability cert to def employees.
|Telephone: 23012662||Army Welfare Society AG’s Branch , CW-5, 4th Floor, Room No 404 Sena Bhawan, ‘A’ Wing Integrated HQ of MoD(Army) DHQ PO New Delhi-11|
Southern Command (A Branch) Eastern Command (A Branch) Western Command (A Branch) Central Command (A Branch) Northern Command (A Branch) Army Training Command (A Branch)
South Western Command (A Branch)
KSB, West Block IV, RK Puram, New Delhi-66 All Record office
|J23) Mar 2009|
1. Till now Disability Cert to all citizens including ex-servicemen was being issued by the nominated Central Govt hospitals. An ex-serviceman on being boarded out from service due to disability was required to process his case through Zila Sainik Board / Rajya Sa\n\k Board. This led to inevitable delay in processing of docus for claiming disability benefits, Accordingly, a case was taken up with the Govt for constituting the Medical Boards at nominated Armed Forces Hospitals for the purpose of issuing disability cert to def employees.
2. After sustained efforts the case has finally been Govt of India, Ministry of Defense Gazette Notification No 3(4)/2009/D (Coord) dated 18 heb 2009 lays down the auth and the list of Armed Forces Hospitals, nominated for the issue of disability cert. A copy of Govt of India, Ministry of Defense Gazette Notification No 3(4)/2009/D(Coord) dated 18 Feb 2009 regarding issue of disability certificate to Armed Forces Service Personnel and their entitled dependents, Ex-Servicemen and their entitled dependents through the Armed Forces Hospitals is enclosed herewith for your necessary action.
3. The contents of Gazette Notification may please be disseminated to a formations/units under your command.
(Onkar ShajherT^ Lt Col
Joint Secy, AWS For Adjutant General
: As above
|Col Jaibains, Editor Baatchet ADG. Public Information
B-30, South Block, DHQ PO New Delhi -110 011
|– A copy of a/m Gazette Notification is enclosed herewith for pub in the Baatcheet.|
|AG’s Branch (Coord)||A copy of a/m Gazette Notification is enclosed herewith for pub in AG’s Branch News letter.|
MOST IMMEDIATE BY SPECIAL MESSANGER
|TO BE PUBLISHED IN EXTRA-ORDINARY GAZETTE OF INDIA PART-I1 SECTION-IV ON 18th FEBRUARY 2009″||Government of India Press Ring Road, Mayapuri. NEW DELH1-110064.
No. 3(4)/2009/D(Coord) Government of India Ministry of Defence
|The Manager||New Delhi, the 18th February , 2009|
|1.||Description of Work||Govt, of India Extra Ordinary Gazette Notification under j Part-II/ Section-lV for publication 3|E) on 18,2,2009 alongwith Hindi Version is forwarded herewith;.*|
|2.||Requisite No. of copies ■ required||One complementary copy|
|3.||Date on which the copies are required||Immediate after publication * i|
|4.||Special Instructions||The original may be returned to the Section D(Coord), j|
Ministry of Defence. Room No. 216 *B’ .Wing, Sena i Bhawan. New Delhi.
£?* (Muralidliar Pandev) I
1. LARRIDS (Acts and Bills Unit) ‘T Block, Parliament Library Building, New Delhi – 15 copies,
2.The Under Secretary, Rajya Sabha Sectt., Parliament House, New Delhi,
3.The Under Secretary/ Asstt Director, Committee Branch-U, Lok. Sabha Seca.. Parliament House Annexe. New Delhi.
4.The Legislative Committee Officer. Legislative Department, Ministry of Law, justice & Company Affairs, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi – 3 copies.
MuraliilnSr Panel ey)
TO BE PUBLISHED IN PART1I, SECTION 4 OF THE GAZETTE OF INDIA, EXTRAORDINARY}
Government of India Ministry of Defence (Defence Medical)
New Delhi, dated the 18 tA February, 2009
No. Jn exercise of powers conferred by ciause(p) of Section 2 of
Persons with Disabilities (Equal opportunities, Protection of Rights and Fail Participation) Act, 1995 read with rule 4 of-the Persons with Disabilities fEqual Opportunities, protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1996 the Central Government hereby constitutes medical boards for the purpose of evaluations and certification of disability to Armed Forces Service Personnel and their entitled’ dependents; Ex-Servicemen and their entitled dependents through the armed Forces hospitals, Details are as follows:-
1 Disabilities to be considered
- Mental Retardation
- Visual Disabilities
- Speech and Hearing Disabilities
- Locomotor Disabilities, and
- Multiple Disabilities.
2.Structure of Medical Board
- Presiding Officer of the rank of Colonel
- Three members, at least one of them will be of the concerned specialty for which disabilities certificate is being
3.Guidelines for Disability Medical Boards
- The individual or Next of Kin seeking disability certificate will submit an ” application on a plain paper giving relevant details of the
- The individual for whom the disability certificate is being sought will appear in person at the designated service hospitals.
- The certificate will be issued by following Armed Forces Hospitals:-
Army Hospitals (R&R), Delhi CantL
Command Hospital (Southern Command), Pin – 900449, C/o-56 APO
Command Hospital (Eastern Command), Pin – 900285, C/o- 99 APO
Command Hospital (Western Command), Pin – 900475, C/o- 56APO
Command Hospital (Northern Command), Pin – 90 U 3 1, C/o- 56APO
Command Hospital (Central Command), Pin – 900450, C/o- 56APO Base
Hospital, Delhi Canst Base Hospital, Barrackpore – 155 Base Hospital,
158 Base Hospital 92 Base
Hospital 151 Base Hospital
Military Hospital, Kirkee
Military Hospital* Ambala
Military Hospital, Agra Military
Hospital, Jalandhar Military
Hospital, Meerut Military
Hospital, Dehradun Military
Hospital, Bareilly Military
Hospital, Jhansi \
Military Hospital, Allahabad
Military Hospital, Secunderabad
Military Hospital, Jabalpur
Military Hospital, Namkum
Military Hospital, Jodhpur
Military Hospital, Ahmedabad 150
159 General Hospital
166 Military Hospital
167 Military Hospital
Indian Naval Hospital Ship Asvini
Indian Naval Hospital Ship Kalyani
Indian NavalJHtospitalJhip Sanjiyani
AIR FORCE HOSPITALS
Command Hospital (Air Force) Bangalore
5 Air Force Hospital 7
Air Force hospital 9
Air Force hospital
11 Air Force Hospital
- Tlie process of issue of disability certificate, will be through medical boards constituted by an order from Commandant or Commanding Officer Armed Forces
- Percentage of disablement will be as per guidelines issued in the Notification in the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment vide No. 16~f 8/97-NLh published hi Gazette of India, part I Section h dated T June, 2001. The format of the certificate will be as per Annexure R ofthe said Notification.
- The certificate will be signed by Commandant or Officiating Commandant of service
- The medical board constituted for issue of disability certificate will be different from medical board constituted for Release Medical Board or Invaliding Medical Board purpose.
No. 6 (118)/07/D (med) ]
I Joint Secretary to the Government of India
The Manages Govt of India Press
Mayapuri, New Delh*